Yr Helyg, The Willows Abersoch
This site is tastefully laid out and well managed, be assured
of a warm welcome , our aim is to ensure your stay with us is enjoyable,
comfortable and relaxing. As we live on site we are available and
more than happy to attend to your needs.
Yr Helyg caters for touring caravans, motor homes and tents.There is
also one Park Home for hire. It is situated 2.5 miles form
Abersoch, 1.5 miles from Llanbedrog and 5 miles from Pwllheli.
Road access to all outlying towns are via A roads and B roads. The
land is mainly flat with gravelled access to all accommodating areas.The
park is set in an area of Natural Outsanding beauty. It has
been tastefully landscaped to integrate into the natural setting of the
land. Trees and hedges separate camping and touring areas. The site is
surrounded by the delightful sounds of birds, sheep, and the
annual cuckoo. It is a rural oasis.The scented flower beds and
gentle country sounds make it the ideal setting for a peaceful relaxing
- The site telephone number is
01758 740676 - Post code LL53 7RW
- The site grid reference
- There is a level gravelled entrance to the park
and a 5 mph speed limit applies on all areas of the site. Other
roadways/paths to and around the park are level and have a hardcore
base with chipping surfaces.
- Reception is clearly visible from the entrance
and are is on ground level .Parking near to reception is
available.There are gates at the entrance
of the park which are open 24hours during peak periods. These are closed
between 11.00pm and 7.30am in Low season - March and October .
- The reception is
officially manned 9.00-10.00am and 6.00-7.00pm. We are however available
24hours and are around on site every day.
- There is a door step to access the reception - a ramp
is available for wheelchairs.
- Showers, toilets
blocks , chemical waste, water points, tourist information, laundry and
reception are all accessible by car.
- There are three small
steps to laundry areas - with hand rails to assist.
- The shower/toilet
block including the disabled facilies are automatically lit, there are no
light switches to reach in the dark.
- A shower stool is
available in the family/disabled wash room. There is also a lowered hand sink.
- Staff are willing and happy to
assist those with disability when assistance is required.
- The nearest Mobility
shop is Byw Bywyd approx 10miles away at :Uned 19, Stad Diwydianol, Porthmadog,Tel. 01766 514131. There is a Chemist down the
road approx 3/4 of a mile away.
- The site is secured by an
electrical barrier -All customers have access via a proximity
- There is an emergency 24hr phone
available in the reception, where useful telephone numbers-doctors,
hospitals, taxiís etc are displayed. There is a 24hour payphone located approx
600 yards away in the village of Mynytho.
- Staff are always happy to assist with
siting of caravans, motorhome and erecting tents when needed.
- Caravan and camping areas are clearly identified. All areas
are marked and sign posted.
- The nearest tent pitch is approx 50m from the toilet
blocks and the furthest approx 100m
- The nearest caravan pitch is approx 5m and the
furthest approx 50m.
- All pitches on the park have a car parking space alongside or in
- Hardstanding and grass pitches are available for
tourers and motor homes. All have 16amp
hook up and TV link.
- All hardstanding pitches have waste water
- Drinking water points are
clearly marked and are conveniently sited around the park and at a suitable
- The sheltered chemical disposal point is situated to
the side of the ladies shower/toilet block and is easily accessed via a flat
- Bin areas are easy to locate and sited conveniently
around the park.
- Fire points are situated around the park (no more than
30m from any pitch) and are clearly marked.
- There is limited, low level lighting around the park
- Assistance dogs are welcome on site. There
is a free run area allocated for dogs.
- Mobile phone network is generaly good around the
- Staff are first aid trained and are sympathetic and sensitive to those
- Public transport is available approx 400yrds away.
- Local taxis are also available. Nearest Train station
is 5 miles away in Pwllheli.
resourceful tourist information point is open 24hours - There is a 2
inch step at the enterance - ramps are available, wheelchairs are
- Additional information can be sourced through verbal discussion
with staff, via the phone or in person, via e-mail or from the
- All site details and daily up to date site information can be found
in full on our website www.the-willows-abersoch.co.uk. Brochure and website
pages can be provided in large print by prior arrangement
Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible and include as
much detail as we can in the statement, we are always willing to give
information on any aspect of the park, if this statement does not cover